Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Turning on the batlight--

Okay Friends: You've all been begging me and now, now it's time to turn you loose! The batlight has been lit on top of the house, only it's not a bat silhouette, but an outline of a waiter holding a tray with the lid lifted, and steam wafting.

There's no food goin' on here since Auntie P. left for them hills of W.Va. Last night's dinner: some 3-day old lasagna and a frozen pizza. Tonight, #2 and #3 got fed at a friend's and #1, Handyman and I had frozen fish sticks, microwaved baked potatoes and a drink. Handyman is downstairs right now, eating Triscuits and hummus. #2 hasn't seen a vegetable in almost a week.

If he knew the code to get on here, he'd have signaled before now (because all of you cook better than I do!) So, if you want to help out, this is your time. Frankly, by the end of a day, I have made it through and want to sit on my bed, soak up a pain pill and read a book. I did unload the dishwasher today, carried some clean jeans upstairs, fed horses, drove to dermatologist, went to bank, fed lunch to whomever would eat and found a really cute horse on the internet...oh, and looked at the biology cd and supervised litterbox cleaning. A big day, really.

You can't know how much he'll appreciate it...

5 comments:

Debbie said...

I will call you to find out what day I can bring food!
I'm so thankful for the pathology reports!! God is GOOD!!!!!

taco6 said...

wish i was there....

les

tonya said...

I'm still coming tomorrow with enchiladas in hand. You might want to skip the margaritas with the pain killers, or maybe not...

See you tomorrow,
Tonya

Needa said...

We need to talk! Chkn pot pies are in the works to bring this weekend!

Dawn Satterfield said...

Hey Tracy, sounds like you are getting better every day. And such good care you have had. Enjoy the resting and taking it easy. talk soon.
DAwn