Thursday, October 9, 2008

News Flash

Just because I have never had many dealings with health insurance (NOT!), I have a new one to add to my repetoire:

Today, after I was at the plastic surgeon last Friday for THREE HOURS, after they had received my info a week prior to that; Today, they realized that they are not in my insurance network! Yep, so it would probably cost me into the tens of thousands of dollars to go to her.

So, Dr. T's other go-to-gal couldn't do surgery on me until November 20. I don't know about you folks, but I can't take the whole consuming disease in my body--wait a month, thing. So, I asked for another and thank the Lord I live in a big city, because, THERE ARE ALWAYS MORE.

So, Dr. T's other go-to-gal can do me on October 28, eight days after originally planned. I'm about ready to, well you know we are big DIY people here, but I'm thinking this might be worth the professional call...

Anyway, I'm holding until October 28 for those of you counting down. One more week to get my doots in a pile, get my house cleaned, horses ridden, schoolroom organized, kids bathed, sunsets appreciated, the whole thing.

I did read that breast surgery is relatively risk-free. You have more likelihood of being struck by lightening than dying in breast surgery. Well that's great, since they're not operating on any REQUIRED ORGAN!

I'm glad I haven't told #2 or MIL yet. Another week would be murder on them.

And I'm already formulating a letter, in case I get a bill for the 3-hour/not-in-my-network consultation.

(So thankful nationalized healthcare hasn't happened yet!)

1 comment:

Aibrean's Musings said...

How annoying... hang in there, friend! Love & hugs!