Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What a wonderful day in the neighborhood....

I forgot to mention the most charming package to come in the mail last week. It was from my cousin CK, but it really came from her #1, whose 1st grade brownie troop ALL sent get well cards! They are so precious. I'm thinking of wall-papering my bathroom with them. There must be 20 from these precious little women, putting all their coloring energy together for me. Have I mentioned that I love coloring? I still do. Something about new crayons...Thank you little CK, from the bottom of my heart! xoxo

In Psalm 27, for yesterday, this struck me:

I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

And for today: Psalm 28: Praise be to the Lord, for He has heard my cry for mercy. The Lord is my strenth and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

And now, my aunt and my grandma are not here swiffering and running laundry and the I must go down to the kitchen and get on the hamster wheel of house work!

Always washing, always washing,
Always hanging out the clothes.
Always ironing, always folding--
Lord, we thank Thee, we are clothed.

Always cooking, always cooking.
Always baking loaves of bread.
Always washing dirty dishes--
Lord, we thank Thee, we are fed.

Always cleaning, always cleaning.
Always chasing dirt untold.
Dusting, sweeping--Lord we thank Thee
We are sheltered from the cold.

Always rocking, always rocking.
Always picking up the toys.
Changing diapers--Lord we thank Thee
For our little girls and boys.

Lord in every task and duty,
Gladly done, as unto Thee.
There's a blessing, there's a blessing.
There's a blessing there for me.

2 comments:

Jules said...

This is the first time I was able to get on to your blog. I am sooooo glad things are good in Indiana. We here in Ohio are thinking about you alot. Give your entire family a hug and ask them to give you one from your cuz in Tipp City.

Love JM

survivor.mom said...

Hi - I am a friend of BFF Debbie - 4 1/2 year bc survivor. I'm so happy to hear you're doing so well. Your poem really made me re-think my evening attitude. Thanks for the reminder. God IS so good, and I pray that He will continue to shower you with his blessings and healing!

Peggy M.