Sunday, October 26, 2008

Product endorsement, shameless

FYI, for anyone with ANY upcoming surgery...ask your doctor or surgeon about On-Q--this little thing is amazing! When I went to the website this morning, it indicated that the product can be used for any number of different surgeries, c-sections, knee replacement, etc. It is a constant input of local anaesthesia to your surgery site over a period of 4-5 days and I will be removing it myself today, since it's finally empty.

What a blessing it has been, rather than relying on narcotics, which make you sick or stupid or both. I guess it's another blessing of having a top-drawer plastic surgeon. It has been amazing to watch the little canteen in the bag and try to figure out how it works. Now, seeing it at the end of its duty, we've decided that the cylinder is expanded to its maximum size full of medicine (about the size of a softball), the pressure of the container trying to return to its original shape is pushing the medicine down the tube (at a prescribed rate, of course) into the surgery site.

I HIGHLY recommend it!

1 comment:

Gail said...

Wow! I had not heard of this. I did have a continuous thoracic spine epidural while in the hospital that was in my upper back. I felt no pain at all during the hospital. I was actually pretty numb from the neck down to my belly button. I would highly recommend this as well. I had no pain meds while in the hospital until they took the line out, then I was on Vicodin. And then I discontinued that 2 days after being home. I am all about being painfree, so what ever works do it!! Glad this was a winner for you!