Monday, October 27, 2008

Halle-Lu-YEAH!

God is so incredibly cool--I just love when he puts his little signatory on things. I have several stories that confirm this, just ask me sometime about how I met my husband or how we found our house.

Today's story has to do with cancer, specifically my cancer, which was evicted last Monday. Dr. T., the breast surgeon called me today with my pathology results. He said all of the lymph nodes he removed tested negative for cancer--that is soooo great! He also said that the three sentinel nodes that were tested in the operating room are all negative for cancer--what was that??? Right, there was one that was positive, so they removed a bunch more to cover for that one.

Now what's the story? He said they are "backpeddaling" now and saying the one that had cancer, does not. He said he wishes he'd had that information last Monday, because he wouldn't have whipped out the shop vac and gone at it in my armpit after all. But he says, "I can't put the genie back in the bottle."

No he can't and doggone it, I'm okay with that. To me it's God's sign that he's totally in control. Little signposts, like breadcrumbs, that say "He is here and in charge".

So, I'm several lymph nodes short of a full load, but we'll deal with that. I will see an oncologist, but Dr. T. says he thinks I have less than a 50% chance of having to have chemo. Oh, and the other "mass" that was seen in the MRI was another cancer, but it was only 4mm. Right side was clear, a victim by association, as it were.

I am celebrating by eating all of the cookies my aunt left here, watching Monday Night Football, eating popcorn on my bed and throwing back a few stool softeners. Have a great evening--on me!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracy.........You are by far the most amazing young woman that I know. Other then my "other" daughter. That was very happy news that "the bald one" called me about this evening. We love you.....Papa W

The Koomen Family said...

What awesome news! I had that so good feeling last week too with test results... and God does give you only things that you can handle. We are so pleased for you and cannot wait to hear more on your progress! Lots of love... XOXOXOXO

Gail said...

Ahhhhh! Great news! And possibly no chemo??? You lucky dog!
Sounds like you are having a great evening (stool softeners and all LOL).

gailschim.blogspot.com

pathtome said...

Tracy...I agree with all... you are truly awesome!!! I'm so happy for you and "yours".I have enjoyed reading both of your blogs,and have marveled at your ability to express yourself so elegantly about such an ugly situation, and I hope this one is no longer needed real soon. The power of prayer is so remarkable. (And a good sense of humor doesn't hurt either.) Love to you all, the SD female clan.

taco6 said...

Our prayers have been answered....I can't wait to tell my sleeping family. Cookies, popcorn and stool softners, YUM, i am adding that to our evening snack rotation :-)!!!!

Keep bloggin.

Les and Co.

Aibrean's Musings said...

Whoo-hoo!! What a blessing!!
Gentle, but heartfelt hug...
Aibreán

Anonymous said...

Amen and Amen! Rejoicing with you! :)

EEEEMommy said...

WooHoo! :) Praise the Lord! :)