Friday, October 24, 2008

Getting up is getting easier

Well, we told MIL last night. Handyman drove to her house to tell her. I was honestly afraid she might collapse--but she didn't, thank heavens. She called me and said, "I'm mad at you!" and I said, "Well, you'll have to forgive me." and of course she said she would. I just started telling her what a great "God story" it is about all the important things that have happened and how the Lord is in control. Maybe this will be a chance for me to really witness to her about a living faith.

Getting up first thing in the morning has been the hardest. Today when Handyman got up at 5am, I took a darvocet before I got out of bed, but even then it was easier today. It seems like I'll always have these things hanging off me--I feel like a chandelier, but I know that isn't the case. I started spraying the bathroom counter down with lysol after I do drains and using Dial soap everytime before I start. Remembering my mom's long battle with staph infection last year--don't want to go there.

My aunt is downstairs doing wild aerobics with my girls in the entryway! So great! She's calling out positions and they're into it! I remember my Jane Fonda days! Ha! Now I just want to sleep without a bra on!

I am on celebrex, keflex and darvocet as needed (once a day for the past three days). More importantly, someone who reads this blog scheduled an overdue mammogram for last week and has been called back for extra pictures today. Please pray for her--that what needs to be seen will be seen. And I told her,like they told me, 80-90% of these are nothing; so hang in there.

No path report for me yet.

Here's a link to a wonderful story about how you face adversity. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Aibrean's Musings said...

Don't forget to make sure Handyman and #s1-3 put the toilet seat down BEFORE they flush -- toilets can spray up to 6 feet away! :-)

Prayers for your friend too...

Hugs,
Aibreán

Netherfieldmom said...

Good point Aibrean! I'm glad someone else thinks of that, not just me. When I learned that, I was soooooo grossed out. Lysol is my friend! ;)

Gail said...

Glad to see things are getting a little easier for you! You will be amazed at how you feel a week later!
Hang in there!!!!!!

Needa said...

Needa here! All is well. Just 2 new pictures and spoke to radiologist. Thanks to nfm for the push to get this done. I was a little behind. Love You, NFM!!!!