Sunday, October 19, 2008

I'm thankful!

...for so many friends who have written, called, brought things. I even got a lovely present from my health insurance agent, who wants to come over and pray for me, laying hands on me! Isn't that sweet? She sent me an angel sculpture and the angel is clutching a book to her chest. It is so darling.

I'm thankful for my family who is bending over backwards trying to do everything they possibly can for me. I'm having to beat them back with a stick--what a comfort. My grandma came from 8 hrs. away to help watch girls and give moral support. My aunt is here, cooking and loving on everyone and holding down the fort. I have other friends driving girls here and there and dying to bring food.

I am thankful that I am not having a knee replaced or open-heart surgery. I am thankful that I have been told to shower 68 times with abrasive soap to cleanse myself of every-known organism, to the point that my finger tips are cracking open!

I am thankful that I am getting possibly the city's best plastic surgeon, FOR FREE!
I am thankful for all the info posted by ladies who have been-here-done-this on BC bulletin boards across the web. I've learned several important things and now I'll be able to add my 2 cents to help someone else.

Am I nervous? Yeah, sure. Probably less nervous than I would be if I had to donate a kidney to one of my kids tomorrow. Boobs? Used 'em. Done with that. Wouldn't mind a better set, really. Free? I get to live longer and look better?? Cool. sign me up.

I'm thankful that I missed some mammograms and so I needed a 6-month check back. Otherwise it'd be next March before they'd be seeing this thing. I'm thankful that the techs at the biopsy went and got the doctor when they couldn't find it. She didn't have any trouble. I'm thankful that the doctor was a horse person, so I had something interesting to talk about while I was being "spear-fished".

I'm thankful to scoop poop. I'll miss that for the next several months. I'm thankful for furry kissable horses that take my mind off everything. I'm thankful for sweater vest season. I'm thankful that Christmas is coming. I'm thankful for health insurance.

Gotta go shower, AGAIN. Check in with Needer tomorrow at this blog
for updates. (Probably not until after 5pm.)

Boobs Away!! :)

2 comments:

The Koomen Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Koomen Family said...

We are thankful for you... You are the strongest woman I know, and not to mention a phenomenal role model for WOMEN! We love you and our prayers are being answered.
(SORRY DELETED THE PREVIOUS... did not need the family name attached)