Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tired today

...but so encouraged and feel blessed by the care I have received. I was just reading on a breast cancer bulletin board and cannot believe some of the stuff there. I am so thankful for the doctors and nurse/PT care I have already received. I actually had to just leave the site or I would be writing comments all day about how different my experience has been from almost every one of those posted.

I guess the Lord is giving me a radically different experience for some reason, and I'm glad. I never cried before hand, in fact the only time I cried was on Tuesday afternoon when I was posting about being thankful for all of you. I had some fear of the surgery, nobody likes pain, but honestly, this is soooooo much easier than giving birth, or abdominal surgery or knee-replacement or something. This is truly a surgery "outside your body". It doesn't hurt to get up or move around and stretching and reaching feels like when you have sore muscles. The movement actually relieves some of the "pain". I hate to even call it that.

My surgeon had said in the beginning that this surgery "wasn't that bad" and I thought, yeah, you're a guy. But he was right and/or a great surgeon. It could also matter that I have this little canteen of local anaesthetic pumping into my sternum area for four days straight, hmmmmmmmmm.

Anyway, no word on pathology yet. More presents and friends showed up yesterday. KS with a b'day gift from her and Needa. KB with chocolate milk from Oberweis and Traders Point Creamery--YUMMM! Saw my punkins and picked them up from Awana. Everybody made their targets, so they were happy.

Took a big nap this morning and am glad for one more day of quiet house. Guess I just won't visit those boards anymore. Too frustrating--but how do you know if you're getting inadequate treatment/advice?? That's scarey.

Well, I'm gonna take the dog out and put on some real clothes. Gotta tell MIL today. Please pray she doesn't have a heart attack...

1 comment:

Gail said...

Hi Tracy, your friend Anita sent me your blog site! I just wanted to say hello to a fellow "sister" and hope your recovery is going smooth (it sounds as if it is so far). You sound like a very strong woman with a great positive attitude. I can relate to those darn drains, I had four of them. What an annoyance. They brought new meaning to a "quick shower in the morning "LOL
I am 5 weeks postop surgery myself from a bilateral mastectomy with soft tissue expanders. I will be starting chemo next Wednesday, so I am on to a new phase of this journey. I hope you don't mind but I would love to add your blog link to my blog page. I will be thinking of you often!!! Feel free to contact me if you would like to chat.
Hugs to you!
Gail
gailschim.blogspot.com