Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Blood draw

I had my blood drawn on Monday to be tested for the BRCA gene mutation. Of course, I have to hope and pray that my insurance will pay for it, because the test costs $3500. My surgeon did send a letter requesting the test (at my request), since I have three daughters. I want to know for them.

Countdown to the big day has begun. I had dinner last night with some girlfriends and that was fun. I, of course, feel pretty numb about the whole thing right now. Next Wednesday is my 45th birthday. I would like no lymph node involvement for my birthday, thank you very much. No chemo would just be icing on the cake. I am reading not-very-nice things about lots of cancer drugs, so I am hoping for lots of mercy on that front.

I get go see Sarah Palin on Friday. That should be distracting. I also loaded up on Jane Austen books on CD to load onto my MP3 player.

BTW, Handyman has a job for Monday--I really insisted he go ahead and take it. I won't be out of surgery until supper time anyway. So, if anyone is in the neighborhood Monday afternoon and wants to stop in a see my parents while they wait, that would help them pass the time.

2 comments:

EEEEMommy said...

I might be going to see Sarah Palin too! I haven't quite figured it out yet though.

I continue to pray for you!

Unknown said...

happy birthday tracy we are thinking about you constantly and staying in touch with mom and dad.

wishing you well..your attitude and wisdom are amazing... get well soon