Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'm baaaaaaaaaaack...

but slower, and crabby, I am told! I cannot believe the outpouring of love and friendship for me...I didn't know that BFF Friday Nite Fites drove all that way and I didn't get to see her. Also that MS from Awana came for 1.5 hours (probably heard my entire life story from my mom), and that BFF Aibrean was there and BFF Needa, who helped me laugh away nerves. And Dad and the nurse and I talked football, forEVER.

Honestly, this is easier than childbirth. It's sore, like heavy duty muscle soreness, but I could brush my own hair and get out of bed, etc. The physical therapist had lots of good exercises and advice, that is completely opposite of a lot of things I read on the web--like: "sleep in a recliner for a month".

I'm pretty tired--I didn't even want to talk today--you know that's tired for me. I watched parts of Enchanted on tv last night but didn't see the end...bummer. I have lots of pretty presents and for my birthday tomorrow, Handyman will put my little nameplate on the back of the saddle I got to buy this summer. I've saved that little nameplate from the saddle I sold when #1 was a baby. I told him I'd get another one, and by golly he found it for me. I'll try to post a picture.

So, I want to have a party where all you lovely people get to come and be together where I can hug each of you (when I get back to hugging--right now I'm doing that knuckle-knock thing). LOVE, LOVE to ALL of YOU!

I've got tears in my eyes and big overstuffed men's wallets in my chest, and I'm gonna be 45 tomorrow. But you know what, I get to be 45 and I'm gonna be 46 and 47 and 48 and keep on going and never look back. And it's because of all of you that I smile and laugh and keep on keeping on...

LOVE TO ALL OF YOU!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I've prayed and prayed for you! SOO glad you are doing so well. For some strange reason, bloglines hasn't been pulling your posts until *yesterday* morning!!! I'm glad I didn't miss the chance to lift you up before your surgery. Keep us posted! :)
Blessings,
Melissa

tonya said...

Wow! Talk about drive-thru service! Did you get fries with that? WE LOVE YOU and have been praying for all of you without ceasing. I'm so glad you are going to have a beautiful fall day for your birthday. Let us know what we can do to help. We can't wait to see you and hug you too! Tell Handyman, hey!
Love,
Tonya

Unknown said...

Glad everything went well for you. We had you in our thoughts and prayers. Hope you feel like coming for the October Birthday Party. Nice present abound.
By the way, I have "Enchanted" TIVO, so you can see it at our house.
Love ya!
Sandy

Suzkit said...

Glad to see you are recovering with your sense of humor intact! God bless you, Tracy as you heal, gain back your strength and start poop scooping again. Happy 45th birthday and here's to many, many more! Love, Peggy

Aibrean's Musings said...

It was a blessing for me to be there. I'm keeping the prayers going -- you don't even know who I've recruited! ;-)

Hope to see you sooner rather than later... love you lots!

Aibreán

The Koomen Family said...

Amazing... you are truly amazing! The funny thing is when people ask me how old you are... oh I just reply that you are in your 30's. Maybe next week, you will feel like 30 something again. We are praying for you... and praying... and praying.
Lots of love and kisses!