Monday, October 27, 2008

Progress

Okay, got one drain removed and the On-Q local anaesthetic deal as well. Multiple people told me in the hospital that when the On-Q was empty, I could easily remove it by myself. Now keep in mind that it was two tiny tubes with plastic heads, taped into the skin over my sternum, with lots of tape. Well, it was pretty much empty yesterday morning, but I just couldn't bring myself to untape it and pull it out. Just couldn't go there...and figured since I was seeing her first thing this morning, she could just do it.

Fast forward to this morning, where I sheepishly pronounce to the Physician Assistant that I couldn't take it out myself and she said no problem. Then when the PS comes in and I re-announce this, she says "Who told you to take it out?" and I tell her that more than one nurse in the hospital told me to, she says; "Boy, I'm glad you didn't try that since I sew them in. You'd have had a dickens of a time getting it out." And, it ended up being about 2' long, after they cut the stitch to pull them out. Wow--points for being a weenie!

So, only one drain left and it will probably come out by the end of the week. I can drive. No cardio-work for two weeks--bummer. No heavy lifting for 6, oh well. There goes all that mattress turning I had planned.

Aunt and Grandma are leaving me today, so I'll have to do my own kitchen cleaning--mega-bummer. Now if I could just get my MIL to stop saying "WHEN your hair falls out, we'll have to tell Grandpa."

No comments: