Saturday, November 1, 2008

Catch Up

Well, Tonya brought us some food on Thursday afternoon, which I planned to make for supper on Friday, since we were going to my parents' house on Thursday night. Handyman saw the food, or maybe sniffed it out, and announced that we were having it for lunch, right then and there!

Tonya was somewhat frightened at the eating that went on around the table that day. Handyman, #1 and I announced that it was the best meal we'd had for three days. (Don't even ask what we had on Wednesday before Awana. Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe it.) Anyway, we just finished Tonya's pan of yummy enchiladas today. We've eaten on it for about 5 meals or so. THANK YOU TONYA! She also brought yummy pumpkin bread with icing and rice and beans. So appreciated.

Today, I dropped off #2 to go with Needa to her weekend cabin. Needa handed me a smoked chicken, frozen and sealed and three chicken potpies for the freezer. I'm still not sure who got the better end of that swap... ;)

BFF Debbie is coming Monday with something yummy from her and from PB as well. So, 2, 2, 2 meals in one trip! Woohooo! (That is really Handyman and the kids cheering--I think they're looking to trade me in on an upgrade or something.) Cindy is bringing us something yummy on Wednesday, to avoid that whole Awana/meal crisis that happened even when I wasn't incapacitated. Then, we also have a standing invite for CCW to come up here and make us amazing applesauce pancakes; so I'll be plugging that in sometime soon.

I also received a gift bag chock full o'wonders from the Whitaker b'day party that I missed last weekend. The piece getting the most mileage is the singing hamster card, that now travels with us, because you cannot fail to smile when there's a singing hamster in your car.

I did see the PA at the plastic surgeon's office yesterday, hoping to get my drain out. I told her that my left armpit was swollen and uncomfortably numb and she poked around on it and decided she would drain some fluid out with a syringe. Well, that went on and on and on and she kept saying things like, "Well, you've surprised me." End result: she drained 150 cc of serrous fluid out from under my arm. She said it is not something to be scared about and she may have to do it again. The drain that is still in does not drain that area. So, I'll go back in Monday afternoon to have the drain out (PTL) and perhaps get a re-suction.

I see Dr. T. the surgeon on Tuesday afternoon and that is when he will give me the full run-down on "my recipe" of cancer and recommend me to an Oncologist. I don't know if that appt. will already be set up or I will make it.

I'd say I feel about 80%. The armpit thing is holding me back a little. I am scooping poop, albeit with the kiddie poop fork, so that the loads aren't as heavy and I do that once in the morning. I would like to strip my bed, but haven't taken on that. The vacuum needs run upstairs, but I'm not doing that, but I did get the kitchen cleaned yesterday, for all of 42.5 minutes before it was undone. The weather is so beautiful it is a shame not to be riding horses, but I know that would be too much, too. Bummer.

Check out my other blog later to see new pictures of the "tree house" in progress.

Tomorrow is my 17th wedding anniversary! Yea! Which probably means that I get to go out to eat--yea!

Note to Auntie P. and Grandma R.: The house is falling to shambles without you! #3 asked, "why did they have to go back to WVA?!"

So what's it feel like to be rebuilt?? Imagine duct-taping a full waistpack to your chest so that it doesn't move. That's it. You know it's not you, but it's not going anywhere, so you might as well adjust. Weird.