Thursday, November 20, 2008

Home from chemo!

Hey--all went well! Thanks for your thoughts and prayers and help! We saw the doc; she has sent my blood off for the onco-type test. Results are not back yet. I had an iv drug for nausea, 2 chemo drugs, a shot for white blood cell build-up and another drug that I can't remember right now.

No kind of reaction to anything so far. Not even bad taste in my mouth or anything. PTL. Got lots of advice from the nurse. She gave me a brochure for hats that come with ponytails! Yea! And a hat catalog that has wigs and even a little wig cap that only has hair around the edges, to wear under hats. That might be the best solution yet.

Came home (with a yummy meal from Needa), moved some laundry through, cleaned cat boxes and now laying down for a nap--just because I CAN! Onward and upward!

7 comments:

Gail said...

Glad things went well!!!! Hope the trend continues. Just an FYI,,,, my onc told me no changing of litter boxes during chemo due to bacteria. You might want to check with your doc on this.

Debbie said...

Wow, that is great. My prayer is that you feel this good through the whole thing.
I wish I didn't live so far away!

survivor.mom said...

So glad to hear you are handling this so well. Hang in there, and keep drinking the water. Your hair looks amazing - I didn't see it long. DF told me it was beautiful. My favorite verse going through chemo was Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Hang in there - and did I mention to keep drinking your water? Thinking of you! Peggy ;-)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! I think I read your blog post wrong on Saturday morning (it was early and I hadn't had any coffee yet). I missed that chemo was starting THIS WEEK! Glad I checked tonight -- your first hat may get modified so I can get it in the mail to you! I have the first pattern repeat done and had started the first row of the second repeat, but I may back it up and make the rest plain and let the yarn make it fancy. Plus, I got extra-special yarn at knitting night tonight for the second one. (And needles...how do I have a cosmetic bag full of needles, yet I don't have enough?) The neighbors will have to look at my leaves for another week, because I will be knitting this weekend. (Besides, there are still plenty on the trees to come down yet, believe it or not and I only intend to rake once!)

Thinking of you from Texas, Laurie

taco6 said...

sounds like the day went well. ptl. 1 down 3 to go...

please keep us posted on how your next days shape up.

wish i was closer to bing yummy food.

les

Aibrean's Musings said...

Good first day - awesome! Keep good thoughts, that's the key I found. Let me know if you ever need someone to come "hang" with you on a chemo day -- I'll move heaven and earth to be there! Hugs!

Netherfieldmom said...

YOU GUYS ARE SOOOOOOOOO AWESOME! Just reading your comments is a huge boost for me!