Saturday, November 29, 2008

New hat!

My first beautiful hat came from TX yesterday! It is a pattern that I picked out on the internet (www.ravelry.com) and then LD donated some beautiful silk/wool yarn in a melange of dark royal blue, green and purples. I'll post a picture of it later. It fits like a glove!

Right now we are hosting a sleepover birthday for #1 who turned 15 yesterday. Thankfully it is only three girls plus ours. I had to get up at 2:15 am to stop the cacophony with verbal threats. Needless to say, I'll be able to get back on the computer by 8 pm tonight! They are playing the new Nancy Drew computer game here...so I had to beg on for five minutes.

Overall, I feel great! My energy is good and my stomach is better now that I stopped over-doctoring it. I slipped and fell at the barn yesterday on the frosted edge of the steps. My left arm saved me from crashing my face into the stoop and today the back of the arm is a little sore. But, it worked. I am being more diligent about stretching the arm overhead without bending the elbow to try to get rid of some cording there. Other than that, I only have pain when I try to stretch way out with my left arm, like reaching out the car window to the bank drawer at the drivethrough.

My tongue seems like it is burned at the tip, so I got some recommended mouthwash that kills bacteria and has calcium. Hopefully it is not the beginning of any mouthsores. We'll see. Thanksgiving dinner was great. #2 has gotten over her flu thing after being gone for three days. And we watched Get Smart last night. Very funny.

Well, chaos is taking over downstairs as they wait for me to step aside...

5 comments:

Gail said...

So glad you are feeling well!
I am using Biotene toothpaste and mouthwash during chemo. You can find it right by the other toothpastes at at the store. You might want to check it out.

Unknown said...

Oh good! It arrived!! I'm glad it fits...makes me wonder about the current one I'm working on though. I think it's going to be too big. I better measure it. Spice likes this hat -- she won't let me work on it in peace if she is on my lap! Good luck with the birthday party!

P.S. A second surprise went into the mail yesterday. I'm a little concerned that it's too shallow, so let me know what you think and I can modify it at Christmas if it needs another inch or two. I ran out of that yarn, but can get more at this week's knit night if it needs a little more length.

The Koomen Family said...

Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking about you... still following you daily... pray about you hourly... and we are thankful for your strength. We love you! XOXO

survivor.mom said...

I, too, used the Biotene mouthwash. If you have any mouth issues whatsoever...(mouthsores, sore throat, anything), ask your onc for "Mary's Magic Potion". That is the pharmaceutical name - and it's incredible. One rinse, and my sore throat was GONE!

I'm glad your Thanksgiving went well - I can't wait to see the new "head-gear". I'm sure you'll be beautiful!

Hang in there - I'm praying for the chemo to do it's job. Soon, this will be a very distant memory. I promise you - a day will come when you won't think about it 24/7. It's one of the benefits of chemo - called chemo-brain. (I was able to claim pregnancy brain, and then I switched to chemo brain... ;-) I actually missed an onc appointment, not once, but twice.

Have a wonderful, relaxing Sunday.

Aibrean's Musings said...

I can attest to the chemo-brain! I still use that excuse... ahem... when needed! ;-)