Monday, December 1, 2008

Hats and hair

This is my first red hat, the my mom bought me several Christmas's ago. I stole the candy cane scarf from #2 last year. It has brass bells on the end. Way Christmas-y. Note the hair...



Then Handyman bought me this red hat last Christmas and yes, this is a self portrait and I don't do fake smiles.. I love the hat. Doesn't make any difference how much hair you have with this thing.



This is my first hat from LD in TX. It's a beaut and fits great. I think it'll be better without hair. She said there is silk in the yarn, so it should be warm. The picture doesn't show the pretty lace detail around the edge. This yarn was hand-dyed and she got it in Montanta--one of my favorite places.



This is what came in the mailbox today--I LOVE the yarn, but alas, it is a mite too small. Handyman called it a "tribble" when I took it out of the package! The picture doesn't do the color justice. It is a vibrant red-winey purple. I think #3 will steal it from me, although LD says she can make it bigger when she comes at Christmas. This pattern on the internet was called "No-Hair Day hat". Purty funny. I think maybe some beaded fringe around it will anchor it down and extend the length. I still love it, LD.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! Cute!