Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It was so fun!

TO and SP went out to eat with me on Monday night and I stuffed myself. We had a great time and laughed, really loud, on the way out as we discussed hair falling out and husbands! Very, very fun and worthwhile. Probably killed off dozens of cancer cells just laughing that hard--not that I have any left...

I had a dream last night that my hair came off in a big handful from the back of my head and I started crying, a lot. I was surprised that I was crying, because we have been preparing ourselves for this. Talking about it; laughing about it; counting down the days, etc. So I was surprised that I was crying.

Then I woke up. Then I drove the 4 million miles to this wig store that is supposed to have great customer service and be so wonderful. Lucky (not really luck--PTL) for me, it is right by DF's house and I don't ever get to see her enough, so I could combine the two. I left the piano tuner with Handyman and the chilluns and headed out for the trek.

The wig place was in this little house down south and it was sooooooooo nice! I can't even tell you. Both ladies were absolutely terrific and sweet and friendly and kind--like aunts that you'd want to visit, often. The place was cute and clean and wonderfully cozy.

Patty, the nice lady that helped me, said she thought I should try a little Katie Holmes cut, which was hysterical (God, again) because that is just what I had been thinking I wanted! How funny is that?? We tried on a couple, with a little cap, since the hair is just hanging on by its most miniscule grip. (It looks icky, greasy and flat, but I didn't want to wash it all out before the ladies could see what color it is/was.) The style I liked, they did not have in the color we decided would be best. It will be very close to the color I have naturally now (which I think is too dark), but it has some highlights on top to warm it up. I didn't want to pick a radically different color, because that would be sure to draw comments and rubber-necking (because I'm so darn attractive!).

Those ladies were awesome! I'll post the pics later. It'll arrive to them next Wednesday and we need to trim the bangs on it a little, so I'll probably go down there on Thursday to get it. It was so cute, I'm actually considering buying the lighter shade of the same hair for later in the spring, so I don't look like a cancer victim at Easter!

Let me know what you think--Remember, mine will be darker with subtle highlights on top. #1 thinks I look like TO, she loved it! The back is very cute and the sides can be tucked behind my ear, or swing forward a little on my cheeks. This picture looks a little more boring than I thought it looked in real life...we'll see next week!


How about all those cuties behind me?? (Just like God to make me look better during chemo than I did before!)

Gotta feed horses and then head off for Awana. Chemo in the a.m., then birthday slumber party on Friday night. Then Handyman and I are going to try to go see Quantum of Solace on Saturday! Thanks for all the positive vibes and mostly, your prayers, which have availed much.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the new 'do! And, it sounds like you should have it by the time I get to Indiana. So, tell me, should I bring additional yarn to fix the Tribble hat to make it fit a grown-up's head or has #3 commandeered it? And, if #3 has possession....would you like another no-hair day hat? And, if yes, what color??

Love,
LD

Unknown said...

Love it! Love it! Love it! You look darling!

Debbie said...

You look awesome!! I think it is a great style for you! I'm so thankful that it was a good, positive experience!! God is Good!

taco6 said...

your next netflix movie...Becoming Jane. The story of Jane Austen. Just watched it last night. Great movie.

I think short hair is a great look for you. The wig looks amazingly real. Good for you.....

Les

Aibrean's Musings said...

Adorable!!

Good luck tomorrow -- that'll make 2 down and 2 to go, yes?

I totally second watching "Becoming Jane!"

readermom said...

That style looks great! You look great, too!
CD

Needa said...

ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!! I don't even think it looks too dark! Can't wait to see the real thing...needa