Friday, November 7, 2008

Appointment

Okay, the big oncology appointment is next Thursday, I think at 10 am. He asked me whether I wanted to see a man or a woman oncologist, or did I care; and I told him I didn't care if a uterus was involved, I just wanted to see a good one.

So I am set up with a woman oncologist; no word on whether she has a uterus or not. She will order what's called an "onco type" test that involves 21 chromosomal markers (I think that's what he said.) They will compare the arrangement of my 21 markers with many gazillions of others who they have followed to determine if I have a low, moderate or high likelihood of recurrence. That will determine the chemo recommendation.

Oh, and my cancer was 2.7 centimeters, so that pushes me into Stage 2, although all my other things were clear, so I'm what they call a 2A, which means just barely at 2. My other cancer blob next to the biopsy site was only 4mm. And, my cancer is estrogen positive, which is good, because that means they have medicine that works on it. Estrogen negative is very challenging and not very responsive, I guess. He is almost positive I will have to take Tamoxifen which is an anti-estrogen, so I could plunge into menopause--Whooo whee! Whatever--better than bein' dead.

Sounds like more big decisions for me. Maybe I should just wait on someone from the government to tell me what to do...

On the abdominal front, I was miserable all evening last night, watching stupid tv shows, because I didn't even want to read. No wonder our country is going downhill so fast. If most homes have that schlock blaring 18 hrs. a day, I can see why peoples' brains have turned to oatmeal. Anyway, today I am feeling a little better, but usually do in the morning. We'll see what the evening brings. I am going to my folks to watch Dancing With the Stars--my one video weakness. (I saw who got voted off last night while perusing those dumb entertainment shows. Thank the Lord I found a This Old House rerun.)

It was great to take a shower without tubes hanging out of me. But, the blue blob shows no signs of fading. I can tell this abdominal thing is slimming me down, which just gives me more splurge room for the holidays. After all, it's EGG NOG season! Woooo hoooo!

No comments: