Thursday, October 21, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Two years ago, yesterday, I underwent my first surgery in my cancer story. I spent around 5 hours on the operating table that day, two surgical teams took turns taking me apart and putting me back together.

Praise the Lord! For their skill and knowledge and compassion.

Today, I am totally and completely well. I had about 4 or 5 more surgeries, after that, to get completely "done", but I am now finished. I feel great and am happy and content. I took an infusion of Zometa earlier this year to combat osteopenia, which is probably the result of chemo. The Zometa will help me build bone, but also has a side-effect of reducing reoccurence of bc.

My hair is my same old hair, just not long enough yet. :)

I can honestly say that cancer made me a better person. And I can honestly say that I am glad I went through it because I like the new me more. I am so thankful to all my wonderful friends who helped and fed us, and helped and helped us some more. My family, who came from far and near to do any and all things needed. My insurance company (honestly), that paid and paid and paid, without one single glitch or increase. My husband, who walked through it with me, with humor and not one hint of discomfort or fear. My girls, who kept my focus off myself-- :)--and my wonderful menagerie, who needed me to get out of bed and bring the food!

With God, all things ARE possible.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Wow, that post brought tears to my eyes!! Priase the LORD!!!! So thankful you are healthy and happy and that you are my friend!!! Love ya!