Monday, February 23, 2009

Spring's a-coming!

And with it, so is my hair. My fingernails are growing again. The dark spots are moving up already. They don't hurt anymore. And, I can see little stubblies on my head where there weren't any before. Not even enough to fill in, but it's definitely sprouting.

I saw the plastic surgeon on Tuesday and got a little "boost". She said the exchange surgery where she swaps out the expanders for the implants is very quick and I would not be restricted from riding horses for more than two weeks. And that, only if I was not using a mounting block to get on. She said she is more worried about pulling myself up onto the horse. So with that being settled, I might have the exchange surgery as early as the end of March, rather than waiting until late fall. (Which is what I was planning if I was going to be kept off horses for six weeks, like I thought.)

I saw my ob/gyn for the annual visit on Wednesday and she told me the plastic surgeon did a nice job. I can't imagine that she would say anything other than that, really. But it was nice to hear, nonetheless. I told her to tell her staff that their protocol of having me come back for a six-month follow-up had perhaps saved my life. She also thought my whole story was pretty amazing.


Here's a blast from the past picture. This was taken four days after surgery, in October. It was my birthday. And that was my hair.

I will be starting Tamoxifen this week--yeeha!

1 comment:

Gail said...

Glad to hear your hair is coming back! I also look forward to that right now. Before you know it you won't have to wear the wig any more!