Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Last symptom

Here's hoping it's the last one...

my poor, sore finger tips are now showing evidence of some kind of damage. Two weeks ago, I slammed my left hand fingers in the front door, as I was racing in to get something. I took a big ole' chunk out of the side of my index finger and busted the trim on the door jamb doing it. Fortunately I had one of those leftover hospital ice packs. With daily doses of Corona (not the beer), it healed pretty nicely but the finger tip seemed pretty painful, which I assumed was from slamming it in the door.

The big notch out of my finger is now healed but all of the sudden the pinky and ring finger on that hand have blood under the nails, as if they too were slammed. I told Handyman that it was pretty amazing that I could slam three fingers in the door at once. Kinda odd.

That was until the pinky and ring fingers on my right hand also have blood under the nails. Weird. I KNOW I didn't slam my right hand in the door that day. It still hurts to drum my fingers on a table and even a little to type. I read that some people lose their nails during chemo; but I think it's really strange that this wouldn't happen to me until two and a half weeks after my last chemo. I guess it's just a cumulative effect thing.

Please pray for Angela--a young mother of three (I think) in my church who is pregnant and has been diagnosed with invasive ductile breast cancer. Her baby is due in about eight weeks and she is undergoing chemo now.

Also, regarding the little boy hit by the schoolbus and killed last week. Our children's pastor's wife is a teacher at that school. And she is my daughter's Awana table leader. She told the girls tonight that that little boy was being raised by his grandmother, who is a Christian and the little boy was also a Christian. So we can know that he is with the Lord now. :*)

No comments: